PROGENEX Amplitude Product Information
Amplitude Creatine Peptides
BENEFITS OF CREATINE
According to the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (Buford, 2007), creatine supplementation has been shown to:
- Increase 1 RM muscle strength;
- Enhance anaerobic power;
- Stimulate muscle hypertrophy;
- Build fat-free mass;
- Increase ability to perform high-intensity exercise;
- Enable greater lifting volume;
- Increase muscle glycogen content.
PROGENEX Amplitude gives your muscles the explosive energy they need to take your training to the next level. How Creatine Works
Creatine and Women
- Compared with placebo, 1 RP (rep max) increments for leg press, leg extension, and squat produced by the 10-week training period were 20-25% greater during creatine and also tended to be greater for bench press and leg curl.
- Arm flexion torque was up to 25% higher in the creatine group than the placebo group
- Fat-free mass increased more in the creatine group (+5.8%) than in the placebo group (+3.7%) and percent body fat decreased in the creatine group.
- The study suggests that creatine supplementation allowed for longer periods of optimal training before overtraining developed. (Vandenberghe, 1997)
- Fat-free mass increased 4.3kg in creatine group vs. 2.1kg in placebo group
- 1-RM squat increased 32% in creatine group vs 24% in placebo group
- 1-RM bench press increased 24% in creatine group vs 16% in placebo group
Muscle fiber cross-sectional areas (Type I, IIA, IIAB, and IIB) all significantly increased in the creatine group where only one type (Type IIA) significantly increased in the placebo group (Volek, 1999)
The Truth About Creatine
- Myth #1: All weight gained during supplementation is due to water retention.
- Truth: Studies suggest weight gained during creatine supplementation and training is attributed to fat-free mass gain.
- Myth #2:Creatine supplementation causes renal distress.
- Truth: Creatine supplementation has zero detrimental effects on healthy individuals.
- Myth #3: Creatine supplementation causes cramping, dehydration, and/or altered electrolyte status.
- Truth: Creatine has actually shown to prevent injury and does not induce cramping, dehydration nor does it alter electrolyte status.
- Myth #4: Long-term effects of creatine supplementation are completely unknown.
- Truth: Creatine has been studied for years and has shown no negative long-term effects.
- Myth #5: It’s unethical to use creatine.
- Truth: Unlike anabolic steroids, creatine is an ethical ergogenic nutritional supplement and provides a healthy alternative to dangerous, performance-enhancing drugs.
While the scientific community agrees that creatine can be an amazing product, athletes often find it has real issues with solubility and digestibility. If you’ve used creatine before, you’ve undoubtedly noted small, bitter grains at the bottom of your drink. These grains are a result of less soluble creatine. Add up all of those grains over time and you’re missing out on substantial amounts of creatine in your muscles. What’s more, if your drink isn’t “absorbing” the creatine granules, what are the chances your body is? That’s right. Many creatine products on the market today offer creatine that is not easily absorbed by your body. Ultimately, you’re paying for creatine to pass through your digestive system without finding their home in your muscle where it’s needed. PROGENEX Amplitude uses our specially formulated creatine peptides for maximum uptake and rapid absorption. Unlike other products, our creatine is tasteless and mixes well with other solutions. No grainy texture, no bitter taste – just high quality creatine monohydrate in peptide form that mixes well with your favourite PROGENEX shake, delivering rapid, real results.
- Gain lean body mass, strength, sprint performance, power, rate of force development, and muscle diameter.
- Gain high-intensity exercise capacity and building lean mass.
- Gain power output